NRAO VxWorks API Library

Wed Oct 25 18:17:02 UTC 2000

John Ford has sent me some information on NRAO's library to provide
some VxWorks API calls on a POSIX system (tested on Linux and
Solaris).  It is GPL'ed and he is happy to get patches porting
it to RTEMS if "they don't break it". :)

Eric Norum posted some information on mapping VxWorks mutexes
and semaphores to the RTEMS Classic Semaphores.  This gives
close to perfect semantic matching based on our discussions
and would be preferable on RTEMS to using POSIX services.

Here is the URL:

http://www.gb.nrao.edu/GBT/MC/ygor/libraries/TaskLib

This has documentation and individual files.  John has offered
to make a tarball available as well.

Hopefully we can benefit from this as well feedback to John
to strengthen their library. :)

Enjoy!