Sonic ethernet driver

Jiri Gaisler jgais at ws.estec.esa.nl
Fri Oct 27 11:45:14 UTC 2000

Antonio da Silva Fariña wrote:

> I'm trying to use networking rtems4.5 aplications on a
> THARSYS VME SPARC RT SBC Board.
>
> Is the sonic driver in the .../libchip/network/ directory the
> lattest version ?. The attach_driver function doesn´t match
> with the prototype in rtems_bsdnet.h

I'm using rtems-4.5.0 with this bsp and driver and have not
noticed any mismatch. However, unless you have reworked the
DMA interface on your board, networking will not work due to
bugs in the FPGA generating the DMA signals. I have spent
a lot of time debugging this problem and also informed Tharsys
of suitable solutions, but the problem persists.

Jiri.