Webserver Graphics in flash.

Mon Oct 30 13:43:41 UTC 2000

gerke.kok at tpa-nl.com wrote:

> You should be able to store some graphics in the tar-file that is in the
> web-server example. Althoug I did not work with it.

This is one approach.

I would like to see a "tar reader" filesystem.  It could be a derivative
of the IMFS with memfile replaced.  When you mount the "tar image"
linked
in via the same trick as the httpd demo, the mount builds all the
directory
and file information.  All of that information is the same as with
the IMFS EXCEPT that the actual memory for file contents could simply
be a pointer to the image of the file in the tar image.

You can also use the objcopy binary file trick to turn the graphics
file into a .o and link it with your executable.  Just like the httpd
does with the tar file it generates.