A question on bit_X scripts

Alfredo Macias jamacias at quintron.com
Thu Oct 5 22:59:34 UTC 2000

Hi.
I'm trying to install rtems on my linux box for development, my target is
m68k.  I have gone over the documentation on how to build the toolset and
rtems itself.
It's still not clear to me what bit scripts I need to run, and if I have to
follow certain order.  I have ./bit, ./bit_rtems, and ./bit_gdb.

The "Unarchiving the tools" page mentions that the bit_gdb and bit_rtems
scripts will create corresponding subdirectories "later", but the "Running
the bit script" page indicates to run the ./bit script first, which fails
when it cannot find m68k-rtems-gcc.
Any help will be much appreciated
Alfredo