I hope this isn't a stupid question...

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Thu Oct 19 12:43:51 UTC 2000

Gregory.D.Menke.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

>  > >
>  > > I've got our app compiling, sucessfully linking, and starting on our
>  > > powerpc target.  My current intractable problem is the call;
>  > >
>  > > sem_open("top_sem", O_CREAT, 0777, 0);
>  > > sem_open("top_sem", O_CREAT, 0, 0); also failed identically.
>  > >
>  > > which is failing with -1; perror() reports no space left on device.
>  > > This is the first of a couple of semaphores created by the app.
>  > >
>  > > I'm using the posix api, no itron, no c++ and no networking.  I have
>  > > all the posix config #defines set up to reasonable values.
>  > >
>  > > Is there some additional initialization I need to perform?
>  >
>  >
>  > yes. You need to define the resources for the POSIX api:
>  >
>  >
>  > I defined them as:  ( change them to match your needs ).
>  >
>  >
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_THREADS                    128
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_MUTEXES            128
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_CONDITION_VARIABLES   128
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_KEYS                       128
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_TIMERS                100
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_QUEUED_SIGNALS        100
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_MESSAGE_QUEUES        100
>  > #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_SEMAPHORES            100
>
> Mine are down at 30- but they are all there, and the call is failing
> on the first semaphore open.

Sorry. I did not read between the lines that you had a good
configuration.
Another area to check, is to make sure that you're including the
"real" managers. Add something like that to your makefile:

MANAGERS=io event semaphore timer rate_monotonic signal msg

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Mobile: 512-632-7579
Company Page: http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page: http://members.xoom.com/rosimildo/