I hope this isn't a stupid question...

Gregory.D.Menke.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov Gregory.D.Menke.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 19 17:24:49 UTC 2000

 > > >  > >
 > > >  > > I've got our app compiling, sucessfully linking, and starting on our
 > > >  > > powerpc target.  My current intractable problem is the call;
 > > >  > >
 > > >  > > sem_open("top_sem", O_CREAT, 0777, 0);
 > > >  > > sem_open("top_sem", O_CREAT, 0, 0); also failed identically.
 >
 > Could you report what the errno is?
 >
 > Does psxsem01 work for you?  I can't see anything different in its
 > test of sem_open().
 >
 >   puts( "Init: sem_open - sem1 SUCCESSFUL" );
 >   n_sem1 = sem_open( "sem1", O_CREAT, 00777, 1 );
 >   assert( n_sem1 != SEM_FAILED );
 >
 > I see no error checks based on the initial count so it should be OK.
 > strlen("top_sem") is < PATH_MAX.

OK, so I'm a blockhead.  As usual, its operator error.  It wasn't the
first semaphore create that was failing- I didn't read code (somebody
elses) closely enough.  The semaphore table was filling up.

Semaphores, threads and queues are now all creating just fine.  Now
for the timers...

Thanks everyone.

Greg