vxWorks

Tue Oct 24 12:46:32 UTC 2000

John Ford wrote:

> Gregory.D.Menke.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
>  >
>  > Are there any Tornado 1 interface libs around?  We don't need anything
>  > fancy, just something to allow vxWorks semaphore/tasking/queue calls
>  > to run on posix/rtems.
>
> We have a library that we use to compile and run code originally
> written for vxWorks on Solaris and Linux.  It could be easily adapted
> to rtems, I think.  It handles only semaphores and tasks, though, and
> not message queues.
>
> I can send it to you if you'd like.

Just to let everyone know.  Eric Norum and I have worked on the binary
semaphore code over the past few months as part of his porting EPICS
to RTEMS.  We added a simple binary semaphore that is supposed to
match the semantics of one of the VxWorks mutex types.  I have no
documentation but Eric N can comment.

If you find semantic differences that cause problems on OS objects
please let me know.  Sometimes these are not that bad to address.