Network on posix (Target=Host=Linux)

Sun Oct 29 14:43:19 UTC 2000

Peter Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to develop network code using the posix target. I have specified
> --enable-networking but networking is not there. Is is not possible with
> the posix target to develop network code? Or is there something else
> (configuration) wrong.

A lot of things are disabled when using the UNIX host.  Ian Taylor
long ago sent me a patch that allowed some more features (in particular
networking) to be used by the Linux port.  If you would like a copy
of that patch, I would be happy to send it to you.

It needs reviewing and updating.  Ian had some qualms about its
portability.
I suspect that now that we are more autoconf'ed, it would be possible
to select a set of files for Linux/Posix versus OTHER/Posix.