Webserver Graphics in flash.

fernando.ruiz at ctv.es fernando.ruiz at ctv.es
Mon Oct 30 20:50:50 UTC 2000

-----Mensaje original-----
De: root at serck-controls.co.uk [mailto:root at serck-controls.co.uk]En
nombre de Matthew J Fletcher
Enviado el: lunes, 30 de octubre de 2000 10:04
Para: rtems-users at oarcorp.com
Asunto: Webserver Graphics in flash.

Hi,.

I i have been pondering how to make the web pages we use more fancy, on idea
was to incorperate

some token graphics but i am wondering how to do this.

Currently the web pages are built in c-code and written out when we mount
the imfs filesystem,

i am looking for a similar way for binary graphics, without the hastle of
having to write some

routines of my own to do it.

Has anyone done this kind of thing before ?.

regards

---
Matthew J Fletcher
NPD Firmware
---

Hi,
I am Fernando RUIZ.
I have developed a Flash FileSystem for a sh7032 Hitachi
in a Propietary BSP. The problem is that I don't know to
add a new drivers, new file systems because the Makefiles
are my torture in RTEMS.
I am beginner with RTEMS (4 Weeks) but I am 20 years old in
computers world and my experience is solid in this area.
The embedded systems are my bread of every day.

My develope is for a automatic audio sintetizer in
the metropolitan train newtwork at Madrid.

>From a central point of control the system sends a command to
play the audio files(Flash files).
The system makes possible also recording new messages
from the audio line distributed at all stations.
I have the posibility of delete (Mark for deletion) files,
copy files, pack the memory and so on. The file system works like
a romfilesystem but the utilities can help me for the others tasks.

It is necesary only a scratch ram size like a flash erase sector
(64Kb with AMD Flash) to make a flash filesystem works like floppy disk.

Then,

	If I can add a new drivers for a BSP (sh bsp) I can add the new
posibilities for a flash filesystem. The system can add a new file from
the ram (Copy into flash), delete (Mark for deletion), pack, format, etc...

I am very interested aiding you but I need add new drivers to build a new
BSP.

Can you help me with this?

Comments.
Format of data flash files.

After look in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fs/romfilesystem.txt
I find that the rom filesystem is very good for this application.

The flash memory can be builded out of the board with a small external
utility.

But if you have ftpd or a very simple filetransfer protocol you can record
new files.

The ram filesystem is the perfect temporal place to hold before to save
flash file.

The flash file system works like a rom file system.

The only detail to consider is a little modification in the linux rom
filesystem.

The field next file in the file header is necesary to fill it with 0xFF
because the flash erases the memory to 0xff's. (Pecatta minuta)

I'am waiting for the charitable person interested to aid me.

I only need the recipe (Build the Makefile) to add new drivers in a new BSP

Only the foo routines of a dummy driver (very simple).
After this the RTEMS comunity can get a Flash filesystem quickly.

Bye. RTEMS Users.

Sorry but my English is not so good.