GNAT/RTEMS pc386 - BIOS functions

Alejandro Villanueva 190921 at cepsz.unizar.es
Fri Sep 1 16:24:12 UTC 2000

Hi you all!

let me introduce myself. My name is Alejandro Villanueva and I'm trying to
finish my Final Project in the University of Zaragoza, Spain.

Well, the fact is that for this project it is imperative to read and write data
from/to an IDE hard disk. After studying the alternatives I have,  I decided to
use the BIOS int 13h function calls. But this doesn't seem to work!
When my program reaches the  " int $0x13 " instruction (inside an Asm block) it
just prints a "raw_idt_notify has been called" message upon the screen, and
continues execution.

What's happening in here? The assembly code is ok and I don't find any
docs about issuing BIOS interrupts.

Please S.O.S. as I'm getting real mad (the deadline is getting closer and
closser and I do need to read/write data from HD).

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Alejandro Villanueva
190921 at cepsz.unizar.es