Does powerpc build/work in 4.5.0?

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.com Nick.SIMON at syntegra.com
Wed Apr 18 17:33:02 UTC 2001

We are using 4.5.0 beta 3a - which was the last beta before the "official"
4.5.0 - on our proprietary mpc860 card, with a BSP derived from eth_comm
(but with no canbus).  Build environment is Red Hat 6.2 Intel.  It all
builds and works OK.  You most certainly do need a set of cross-building
tools but these are now available as RPMs for red hat + intel (& others),
which avoids a lot of the grief we had in the "old days".

I am most suprised 4.5.0 doesn't build for you, and I bet Joel is too!
Don't give up, but do post your error output.

Regards,

-- Nick Simon