Does powerpc build/work in 4.5.0?

Wed Apr 18 18:53:37 UTC 2001

Eric Norum wrote:

> Tom Armistead wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I'm a newbie here so pardon if this is a dumb newbie question(s)...
> >
> >    I'm interested in using 4.5.0 on powerpc boards.  At this point, I'm
> > not even able to get it to compile though.  One of the problems I've
> > found is in lib/libbsp/powerpc/eth_comm/canbus/Makefile.am (and .in).
> > It has 'anclude' instead of 'include'.  And other miscellaneous hiccups
> > occur during the build as well.
> >

> ARGH! Joel: 'a' - 'i' == 8     <====== Looks like your disk ate another
> file......
> A while back the OAR repository disk drive started dropping some `1's.
> It's been replaced, but it seems that some damaged files are still
> floating around.

That's what it looks like to me also.  The rtems-4.5.0.tgz file does
"anclude".  But the repository does not have this in it.  These
were spurious from a bad RAM module. :(

Fix the "anclude" --> "include" and report on the other
"miscellaneous hiccups".

If you are really more interested in an mbx8xx BSP, you might
be better off with a snapshot (use new RPMs).