M68360 ethernet troubles.

Jake Janovetz janovetz at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 19 21:12:26 UTC 2001

Howdy folks...

   I've been using the 68360 (5v version) with the Motorola 68160
ethernet PHY for some time and recently started a board using
the 68360 (3.3v version) and AMD Am79C874 PHY.

   The board comes up, then starts to initialize ethernet by calling
rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network(), but it never returns.  When I
try to break (using CTRL-C in GDB), I'm notified that the processor
was stopped in _Thread_Idle_body.  So, it doesn't appear that the
board has hung.

   Hardware looks good.  The PHY recognizes the ethernet cable and
shows receive activity information on the LEDs.

   Being pretty ignorant about the ethernet driver, I don't exactly
know where to set breakpoints and what to check for.  Can I get any
suggestions?  Very similar code works on my 5v 68360 boards.

   Thanks!

    Cheers,
    Jake