mvme2306

D. Peter Siddons siddons at bnl.gov
Sun Apr 29 20:30:33 UTC 2001

Hi Eric,
    Thanks very much for pointing out the info in the various README's.
I know, always rtfm! Oh well. Anyway, with that and
a pointer from Joel Sherrill about modifying the mvme2307.cfg file,
I got a boot image and was able to load it. Here's what happened for
the 'paranoia' sample:

  Network Boot File load in progress... To abort hit
<BREAK>

  Bytes Received =&155352, Bytes Loaded
=&155352
  Bytes/Second   =&77676, Elapsed Time =2
Second(s)

  Residual-Data Located at:
$01F88000

  Model:
000000000000000000000000000(e2)
  Serial:
MOT041EDE2
  Processor/Bus frequencies (Hz):
333371008/66674344
  Time Base Divisor:
4000
  Memory Size:
2000000
  Original MSR:
3040
  Original HID0:
82
  Original R31: 0

  PCI: Probing PCI
hardware

  RTEMS 4.x/PPC
load:
  Uncompressing the
kernel...
  Kernel at 0x00000000,
size=0x3b000
  Initrd at 0x00000000,
size=0x0
  Residual data at
0x0003b000
  Command line at
0x00042000

done
  Now
booting...

and then nothing. THe processor activity light goes out and it just
hangs. I have tried using the PCI and VME chip configurations given
in the README's, and also the suggested configuration from the Motorola
manual for a PREP setup. It gives the same result. Am I doing something
wrong?

Pete Siddons.