Fwd: Re: make error building rtems under cygwin

peter.o.mueller at gmx.de peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Tue Apr 3 15:34:01 UTC 2001

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 17:31:14 -0500
From: Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com>
To: Andrew Maximov <amaximus at mail.ru>
Subject: Re: make error building rtems under cygwin

> FWIW I managed to compile the "unix/posix" configuration
> natively under a fresh install of net Cygwin and ran
> hello and ticker.
>
> tar xzf rtems-ss-20010326.tgz
> mkdir b
> cd b
> ../rtems-ss-20010326/configure
> make
>
> There were a handful of header file conflicts and I
> ifdef'ed those on cygwin.  The remaining blemish is that
> paranoia does not link:

Joel,
Are the patches available somewhere? When I call configure the first strange
point is that configure does not detect that I use cygwin:
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... configure: error: installation or
configuratio
n problem: compiler cannot create executables.
configure: error: ../../../tools/build/configure failed for tools/build

Peter

http://www.gmx.net