mvme2307 bsp / dec21140 questions

Till Straumann strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 2 00:27:58 UTC 2001

Till Straumann wrote:

> Then, on the powerPC there is always the cache issue
> when dealing with devices. As far as I can see, the BSP
> runs with caches enabled both, in HID0 and in DBAT0.
> However, the network chip driver (libchip/dec21140.c)
> doesn't seem to care about flushing (TX) or invalidating (RX)
> cache entries and yet it seems to work - is this just
> luck or am I missing something?

Well, I guess I can answer this one myself: the 604 and the
raven do snooping :-)

My last project involved a MPC860 which does not
implement snooping and the programmer has to take
care of coherency. Dealing with this for some time
obviously drove me quite paranoid...

-- Till