Building gnat/rtems with gnat 3.12p and gcc2.8.1 (hello_world_ada)

lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu
Tue Aug 7 00:11:14 UTC 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Boot it up and try it.  Once it works, let's revisit your notes and
> get the modifications in so the pc386 works again with gnat.

An interesting problem indeed. lilo doesn't like it, as it floods the
screen by alternating 0s and 1s. Grub doesn't like it, and drops me to its
builtin shell after failing to execute it. I've never seen a compiler
produce a completely unusable binary. linux recognizes the file as a COFF
file, but that's about all I can tell about it.

Best I can figure is either it's the fact that I haven't modified init.c
to call adafinal yet, or I've got something seriously messed up in the
linker scripts somewhere.

DanL