PPPD questions.

Tue Aug 14 17:33:35 UTC 2001

Mike Siers wrote:

> Hi Ilya,
> Have you looked at the pppd 2.3.11 man page?  I believe
> their is a option for setting the remote and local
> IP values <local-ip-address:remote-ip-address>.  There
> should also be option settings for specifying the netmask,
> DNS, and gateway.
>
> My goal in this port was to try and use the standard pppd
> option strings instead of having to determine which global
> variables are used for setting a particular option.

If the changes are clean enough, can they be handled in
a mannger that the pppd maintainers will merge them?

You CAN depend on __rtems__ being defined for conditionals.

> I am glad to here the server side works.  I will look into
> removing all the exit function calls.  But how do you think
> these cases should be handled?  If the pppd code is hitting
> an exit function call, then removing the function call will
> not fix the problem.

I would recommend defining exit as ppp_exit and writing a
ppp_exit function that printed an indication of the failure.
You are right, there is no point in shutting down the entire
application but ppp has failed in this case.

-Dexit=ppp_exit

This trick has worked for me on SOME benchmark/test programs.