PC-104

Joel Sherrill joel at OARcorp.com
Fri Aug 17 21:42:34 UTC 2001

rwas wrote:

> I'm using rtems with pc104. I am rather green on rtems however. I have
> successfully compiled and run
> two of the netdemos and hello world. My current problem is that rtems
> won't use the serial port as the
> console device.

My understanding was that you modified the setting of a couple of
variables in
pc386/console/console.c to accomplish this.

/*
* Possible value for console input/output :
*      BSP_CONSOLE_PORT_CONSOLE
*      BSP_UART_COM1
*      BSP_UART_COM2
*
* Note:
*   1. Currently BSPPrintkPort, cannot be assigned to COM2,
*      it will be fixed soon.
*
*   2. If both BSPConsolePort and BSPPrintkport are assigned
*      to same serial device it does not work that great
*/

int BSPConsolePort = BSP_CONSOLE_PORT_CONSOLE;
int BSPPrintkPort  = BSP_CONSOLE_PORT_CONSOLE;

/* int BSPConsolePort = BSP_UART_COM2;  */
int BSPBaseBaud    = 115200;

> My processor board is the Jumptec MOPS/586..
>
> My main issues currently are getting or writing a device driver for
> ethernet chipset (Crystal CS8900)

It has a libchip driver so all you should need is the glue to the
particular configuration.
Chris Johns <ccj at acm.org> submitted this a while back.

> and drivers for a DtoA board as well as a Synchronous Serial Interface
> board.

OK those aren't in the tree.  If they are for off-the-shelf boards, we
all would be happy to see
them in the tree.

And I hope it goes without saying that custom driver development is one
of OAR's
many RTEMS related services.