RTEMS 4.5.0 and standard PC keyboard

Tue Aug 28 18:10:30 UTC 2001

"Motiwala, Yusuf Ibrahim (Yusuf)" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started trying out RTEMS 4.5.0 on standard PC. Everyhing
> went fine and I was able to run samples, picoTK etc without
> any problem. However, I am not able to get the keyboard working.
>
> The keyboard is normal PC 101/102 keys with 8042 compatible
> controller so I assumed there should not be any problem.
> While tracing, I made sure that RTEMS keyboard ISR is
> getting executed. Can anybody help me getting keyboard working.

My guess is that you based your test on hello, don't have
a clock tick driver configured, and the keyboard driver polls
using a clock tick to control itself.  See ticker for how
to configure a clock tick.

And BTW are you part of the group that ported RTEMS to a
Lucent DSP?  All my contacts disappeared (one was an co-op)
and I would like to see that effort included in the standard
distribution.  I can provide names if that helps.