Problem with the efi332 start

John S. Gwynne jsg at jsgpc.mrcday.com
Tue Dec 4 14:11:35 UTC 2001

| i try to start an efi332 like board with the RTEMS latest snapshot, but it
| allways disappearce in to spurious interrupt.
| I think there is an error in the BSP since the ISR_vector_table was changed
| from static to dynamic allocated memory, because in the BSP set_vector and
| with it _CPU_ISR_install_vector is called before the ISR_vector_table is
| allocated.

I have not had any such problems (off hand, I think you are seeing the
initialization of a temporary startup table used only immediately
after reset, but my memory is vague on that portion of the
code.)... if you email me a better description of what you believe are
problems in the bsp, I'm sure I can help.

| Is anybody out there who is working seriously with efi332 and who was fixing
| the problem?
|
| G.Klaucke

I see the patches I submitted on rtems-ss-20010525 did not get
applied. I ran the samples last night on rtems-4.5.1-pre3 with the
patches from 20010525. The RAM model ran fine; will test the ROM model
tonight.

I recommend you apply the patches I have for rtems-ss-20010525
(http://www.donet.com/~jsg/efi332RTEMS.html) to rtems-4.5.1-pre3 and
give it another shot (all patched applied except for linkcmd and
linkcmd_ROM, use the linkcmd* from 20010525).

I will resubmit the patches and update my web page once I complete
testing of pre3.

hths

john gwynne

                                John S Gwynne, PhD.
Mission Research Corporation    Email: jgwynne at mrcday.com
3975 Research Blvd              Tel: (937) 429-9261 x166
Dayton Ohio 45430-2625          Fax: (937) 320-2562