RTEMS on gen68360

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Dec 12 14:01:44 UTC 2001

Am Mit, 2001-12-12 um 13.50 schrieb Gerke Kok:
> Hello all RTEMS-users for the gen68360.
>
> I have a simple question that, when answered, could make my life a
whole lot easier... I have been working to get the gen68360 BSP to work
on my board and so-far I got the console running including the timer.
But now I have this problem, and I think it is again configuration...
(as were all my last problems. Just messing with the linkcmds-file to
get the right memory layout and those things)
> The HEAP is not working. That is: malloc works fine ( I tested it and
looked at the result memory, I see all the blocks and their headers) but
FREE does not... I found that there are two implementations of this: one
in inlines and one in macros (or at least to the base of this) Can
anyone tell we which is the appropriate for the gen68360 target?
The default is to use the "inline" versions. The "macros" versions
primarily are present to help compilers out which do not supporting
"inline" (Gcc does)

> And how to choose this one?
--enable-rtems-inlines to use the "inline" versions (default)
--disable-rtems-inlines to use the "macros" versions.

IMHO, you'd better stay with the inline versions. They are much better
tested than the "macros", because nowadays there is hardly any reason to
use the "macros" versions.

> Could anyone provide me with a configure line like:
>     ../rtems-4.5.0/configure --target=m68k-rtems etc. etc.
> and
>     make RTEMS_BSP="gen68360"
> for the gen68360 BSP? I would be very great full!
You already have figured out :)

configure --target=m68-rtems --prefix=whatever_you_want

and

make RTEMS_BSP=gen68360

are supposed to do what you want.

If wanting to try the macros-versions, append --disable-rtems-inlines to
the configure line above.

If actually devoloping on files inside of the source tree, you also
might want to append --enable-maintainer-mode to let the autotools
automatically update autotool-generated files.

Ralf