A newbie Question

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Dec 20 04:10:30 UTC 2001

Am Don, 2001-12-20 um 03.16 schrieb Steelen:
> I need your help!
>   I think perhaps something is wrong with the install directories of my RTEMS.
> Here is the directory structure,can you tell me is there anything wrong?
>
>  this is the direcory structure of RTEMS compiler files
>
>  /opt/rtems/bin   the compiler files
> /opt/rtems/i386-rtems
> /opt/rtems/include
>  /opt/rtems/info
>  /opt/rtems/lib
>  /opt/rtems/man
>  /opt/rtems/share
>
>  this is director of RTEMS soure code.
>  /opt/rtems/rtems-4.5.0   .......
>  /opt/rtems/hello_world_c-4.5.0   hell world source file directory
>  /opt/rtems/build     the target file generate by  ../rtems-4.5.0.configure
>
>  Here is the command I use to configure
>
>  #! /bin/sh
>
>  export PATH=$PATH:/opt/rtems/bin
export PATH=/opt/rtems/bin:$PATH

>  ../rtems-4.5.0/configure --target=i386  \
>  --program-prefix=i386-rtems-
../rtems-4.5.0/configure --target=i386-rtems \
--prefix=<whatever>

>  Is there anything wrong??
Yes, corrections interspersed above.

Besides this, I would recommend not to put
* to put the source- and build-trees into /opt/rtems
* not to choose --prefix=/opt/rtems
You might accidentially choose filenames which interfere with something
else.

Instead I would recommend to put these somewhere else and to choose a
different installation prefix than /opt/rtems (the <whatever> above).

E.g. I would unpack RTEMS sources somewhere into your $HOME and install
to --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.5.0 or --prefix=/opt/rtems/rtems-4.5.0

Ralf