Anyone using Redhat 7.0 xinet/tftpd with RTEMS?

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Thu Feb 1 22:31:03 UTC 2001

OUTWATER ~ KEITH J /5G3110 wrote:

> Greetings all -
>
> I've just started using Redhat 7.0 x86 and I think I have xinet and tftpd set up
> right (on the host I can tftp to itself and get files).
>
> When I try to tftp from RTEMS, the file open fails  with "not owner".
>
> I've messed around with permoissions and ownership on the host, but no luck.
>
> Has anyone gotten RTEMS tftp to work with a redhat 7.0 host?

Works for me....with 20010109 snapshot.

The salient portion of my /etc/hosts.allow file has -- norumx1 and
norumx2 are my RTEMS TFTP clients -- pretty imaginative names, right?

in.tftpd:norum1.usask.ca \
		norumx1 norumx1.usask.ca \
		norumx2 norumx2.usask.ca

My /etc/xinetd.d/tftp contains
service tftp
{
        socket_type             = dgram
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = nobody
        log_on_success          += USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
        server_args             = -s /tftpboot
        disable                 = no
}

Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.