Hacks to get PPPD working.

Matthew J Fletcher mfletcher at serck-controls.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 13:52:35 UTC 2001

Hi,.

Included are a number of random files that were hacked together to get rtems
pppd code working as a dialing server.

Firstly all the places that were hacked i added 'MJF' close to them as a
comment so you should be able to search for changes.
'grep -r MJF *' will reveal much,..

[changes to libnetworking/pppd - pppd-old.tgz]

The pppd/main.c was changed to fluffy.c to stop a stupid linker bug
(undefined reference main), but the code to do the control of the pppd
stuff is in my new archive.

The pppd_main from fluffy.c/main.c was defined out and the one in func.c used
instead. (see next archive)

[changes to my new pppd code - my-pppd-stuff.tgz]

modem.c, the modemInterruptHandler was changed to work on two channels (two
serial ports),..

ppp.h, removed PPP_compress define.

ppp.c, ppp_xxx small mods (you will have to diff)

func.c, pppd_test is my controler function for all pppd access, the other
stuff in this file, is some of my other tests for IMFS etc,.. pppd_test()
will work on its own,..

*.h, if you diff the headers from the first archive agains the second you can
see all the changes i had to make (there were many compile problems), i had
to add lots of extra headers,...

Sorry i cant be of more help, it was a while ago,.. i hope someone can patch
these fixes into the main sources, if you mail to the list i will try and
help.

Oleg Ivanov, Peter Mueller, you can stop mailing me now,.. :-)

regards
---
Matthew J Fletcher
NPD Firmware
When did ignorance become a point of view ?
---

Serck Controls Ltd, Rowley Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FH, UK
Tel: 44 (0) 24 7630 5050   Fax: 44 (0) 24 7630 2437
Web: www.serck-controls.co.uk  Admin: post at serck-controls.co.uk
the above.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Serck Controls Ltd.
Please note that Serck Controls Ltd is able to, and reserves the right
to, monitor e-mail communications passing through its network.
be responsible for damage caused by any undetected virus.
Serck Controls Ltd is a subsidiary of Roxspur PLC. Registered Office:
The Lodge, Worting Park, Worting, Basingstoke RG23 8PY
Registered in England No. 2147362