Linking against Rom Image

Peter Müller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Fri Feb 23 19:42:39 UTC 2001

Hi,

some time ago I already trieded to figure out how it is possible to link an
application against code that is already available in ROM. But it found no
good solution since then.

The reason why I want to do this is that my application (+rtems) is several
hundred kilobytes large and developing cycles (download, debug ...) takes to
long.

Because the rtems code itself is always the same I would like to have it on
ROM (e.g. starting from 0). The application resides in RAM and is linked
against rtems located in ROM. So only the application has to be downloaded
for debugging.

How can I do this? Is there a way to link the app against rtems, but not
include rtems in the final exe file? Any docu about that?

Thank you very much,
Peter