How to use PPPD ?

Matthew J Fletcher mfletcher at serck-controls.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 12:29:22 UTC 2001

On Tue, 06 Feb 2001, Dominik Fröhlich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently I am struggeling with the PPP-Daemon (Well, I am quite new to
> RTEMS). How is it to use (driver initialization etc.) What functions have
> to be changed to use it with a different UART (MC68332 SCI) and without a
> modem, i.e. a direct link to a PC ?

I have some hacks that show all of this stuff in a less then clear fashion,
the pppd support in RTEMS is not currently in a working state, i can post some
hacked code with some explination of what i have done / needs to be done if
you want.

I have got the pppd acpeting connections from a windows client and doing ftp
/ http access over it,.. so it does work.

Again i dont have a clean patch (dont really know how to create one either),
but if you want the code (and it might help), then i will post it private /
or to the list.

regards

---
Matthew J Fletcher
NPD Firmware
---
Serck Controls Ltd, Rowley Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FH, UK
Tel: 44 (0) 24 7630 5050   Fax: 44 (0) 24 7630 2437
Web: www.serck-controls.co.uk  Admin: post at serck-controls.co.uk
the above.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Serck Controls Ltd.
Please note that Serck Controls Ltd is able to, and reserves the right
to, monitor e-mail communications passing through its network.
be responsible for damage caused by any undetected virus.