[patch] newlib long long printf for rtems

Thu Jan 4 11:53:03 UTC 2001

"Fernando RUIZ CASAS (E-mail)" wrote:

> [...]

I have submitted all RTEMS patches to gcc and most are already in.
Help shepherding them through the process is always appreciated.

newlib 1.9.0 is extremely close (one file to remove from CVS)
and I believe that is fixed in the repository.

binutils CVS should be fine for RTEMS.

gdb needs work as I said in the other email (kick myself again).

> Is redhat & gnu thinking in RTEMS?

It is the RTEMS community's responsibility to get patches submitted.
We must shepherd them through and really there should be some more
volunteer effort in testing/following up with CVS versions of the
tools.

> We are a tree independent from gcc & gnu.

Not really.  We just have patches to official GNU releases to address
specific problems/additions from our community.  Our patches (ignoring
gdb) tend to be very small and "point oriented".

> All mistakes from gcc must be sended to gcc but we need now the patch for
> RTEMS.

If you encounter a real code generation problem with gcc, by all means
submit it there but if it is a real problem, we want it in the general
RTEMS patch so our prebuilt binaries are correct.

> Fist submit the ideas & pathches to Joel and discuss them in the list.
> At last, Joel publish the patch in repository if this a good idea.
>
> This is my opinion.

That's basically how it works now.  I would like to share the
responsibility.
In particular, gating all patches through me produces delays at times
that even I find offensive. :)

> Saludos from Spain.
> Fernando RUIZ CASAS
>
> fernando.ruiz at ctv.es
> correo at fernando-ruiz.com
>
> P.D.:
>
> In IAR printf sources have a good MACRO
>
> NO_FLOATS
> FLOATS_REDUCED
> FLOATS_INCLUDED
>
> In this concern we can add
>
> LONG_FLOATS included.
>
> With this a tiny,small,compact,normal or extended system can be builded and
> everybody will be very happy.
>
> Setting the configuration in  'user.cfg' ready.

newlib has somethings like this as well.  You can use iprintf()
to avoid having floating point at all.