Newbie Question

Robert Daniels robertd at vantageinc.com
Fri Jan 5 21:56:45 UTC 2001

I've been attempting to get rtems up and running for my MCF5307 board and
I've run into a few problems.  I tried using the 4.5.0-beta3a version and
found that the Dave Fiddes BSP didn't exactly work with this new version.  I
attempted to make some modifications to make the BSP compile with rtems, but
the .exe's don't run on my board and I have no idea why(I have close to no
experience with embedded development.)  I then tried to get the 4.0.0
release and use it with the toolset I used for 4.5.0-beta3a, but rtems won't
compile with this (a problem with rtems_bsdnet_free).  My basic question is
how can I get a working version of rtems for the coldfire 5307?  Is anyone
else using rtems on a coldfire 5307?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Robert Daniels
robertd at vantageinc.com