How to say 'hello' on EVB7045F? (gensh2)

Radzislaw Galler rgaller at ET.PUT.Poznan.PL
Mon Jan 8 15:56:52 UTC 2001

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > (gdb) load o-debug/hello.exe
> > Start address 0x444000 , load size 80144
> >
> > As you can see the sections problem is fixed, but there's .rodata
> > missing.
> I don't know what the .rodata section is :)

Maybe read-only data - constants and initial values for variables

> > what kind of monitor do you have on your EVB?
> I don't have an sh7045EVB. I have custom designed sh7032 (SH1)
> boards, which are very similar to Hitachi's original SH7032EVB. On
> these boards, the same monitor as on the sh7032EVBs (Hitachi's CMON)
> is used, which includes a very simple gdb-stub, derived from the old
> m68k gdb-stub from gdb.
>
> To check the loading behaviour, I used gdb-5.0's sh simulator.

When I run hello.exe in simulatgdb) run
or all I get is:

----------
Starting program:
/home/rajish/prog/src/rtems-build/build-sh-rtems/gensh2/samples/minimum_g.exe

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x444110 in early_hw_init () at hw_init.c:117
117	hw_init.c: No such file or directory.

> > Have you succeed running some application? How?
>
> Not any SH2 application, yet (No board, no simulator bsp).

Looks like hard work for me, and have not much time for that. I'll give
up
soon if no success :-(

Radek