How to say 'hello' on EVB7045F? (gensh2)

Mon Jan 8 13:40:28 UTC 2001

Radzislaw Galler wrote:

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > > (gdb) load o-debug/hello.exe
> > > Start address 0x444000 , load size 80144
> > >
> > > As you can see the sections problem is fixed, but there's .rodata
> > > missing.
> > I don't know what the .rodata section is :)
>
> Maybe read-only data - constants and initial values for variables

Just constants -- see my other post for info on
"initial values for variables".

In practical terms, the .rodata can always be in ROM.  The other
can be modified at program run time.

> > > what kind of monitor do you have on your EVB?
> > I don't have an sh7045EVB. I have custom designed sh7032 (SH1)
> > boards, which are very similar to Hitachi's original SH7032EVB. On
> > these boards, the same monitor as on the sh7032EVBs (Hitachi's CMON)
> > is used, which includes a very simple gdb-stub, derived from the old
> > m68k gdb-stub from gdb.
> >
> > To check the loading behaviour, I used gdb-5.0's sh simulator.
>
> When I run hello.exe in simulatgdb) run

gensh2 executables will NOT run in the simulator.  This BSP assumes
the presence of peripherals that are not in the simulator.

> or all I get is:
>
> ----------
> Starting program:
> /home/rajish/prog/src/rtems-build/build-sh-rtems/gensh2/samples/minimum_g.exe

minimum is not really designed to run anyway -- it should only get to
the init task and do nothing else.

> Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
> 0x444110 in early_hw_init () at hw_init.c:117
> 117     hw_init.c: No such file or directory.

It accessed some HW not supported in the simulator.

> > > Have you succeed running some application? How?
> >
> > Not any SH2 application, yet (No board, no simulator bsp).
> >

> Looks like hard work for me, and have not much time for that. I'll give
> up
> soon if no success :-(

The author has moved on to another job.  I have a private
email address for him and will try to contact him for hints.