Changed FTPD.

Sergei Organov osv at javad.ru
Fri Jan 12 15:58:18 UTC 2001

Jake Janovetz <janovetz at uiuc.edu> writes:
> Unfortunately, in many of my hooks, this leads to more complicated
> code and my code allocating the same buffer as before.

Then put common work that is currently implemented in FTPD in a function,
register your hooks with this function, and register the function itself as a
hook with FTPD ;-) 10-20 lines of C code, I believe.

Actually I don't insist on any approach because I don't use and don't plan to
use these hooks myself (I'd use RTEMS pseudo-device to do such work anyway),
but current solution seems so inflexible :-( There are a lot of algorithms
that require only sequential access to data. What if I need to feed large file
through such algorithm? Impossible with current approach, I think.

Anyway, advanced features such as hook support could be put under #ifdef for
those who don't use them and don't want to waste space for unused features.

Sergei.