Multiuser Environment

Correo Fernando-ruiz (E-mail) correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Thu Jan 18 00:03:40 UTC 2001

The initial solution is here.

Problem:
  To have a local session environment to keep
  current_dir, umask, root_filesystem.

  How to resolve it?

typedef struct {
 rtems_..._t   rtems_filesystem_current;
 rtems_..._t   rtems_filesystem_root;
 rtems_..._t   rtems_filesystem_umask;
} user_env_t;

user_env_t global_user_env,
         * user_env=&global_user_env;

#define rtems_filesystem_current (user_env->rtems_filesystem_current)
#define rtems_filesystem_root    (user_env->rtems_filesystem_root)
#define rtems_filesystem_umask   (user_env->rtems_filesystem_umask)

rtems_status_code rtems_libio_set_private_env(void); /*for the current
task*/

Patching the files in c/src/lib/libc & include libio_.h ready.

A simple call to rtems_libio_set_private_env() at beginning
of the each new task ftpd session or telnetd session is only necessary.

Thanks Joel for the ideas. A simple task var and ready.

Can you say me if the name of vars & functions are correct?
Can you say me if the files patched are correct or better make a new file?
It is better don't use the patches directly.
I don't konw if they work correctly.
I include the new files modified.

Jake, Can you test this and make a chdir() in every ftpd session?

FTP
> > clients
> > FTPD

Sergei,
 I can't read your sources.
 Are your patches valid for all libio rtems or only for ftpd sessions?
 Can you send me the patches before a new snapshot arrives?

Saludos desde Madrid.
fernando.ruiz at ctv.es
correo at fernando-ruiz.com