patches

Tim Riches tim.riches at westbridge-design.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 18:27:01 UTC 2001

Hi all,

We have managed to compile and build all the binutils, crossgcc and rtems
libraries for a powerpc-rtems target, and compiled the hello world file
using the
following sources:
binutils-2.9.5.0.24
gcc-2.95.2
newlib-1.8.2
rtems-4.5.0
Environment cygwin 1.1.6

Patch files:
binutils-2.9.5.0.24-rtems-2000207.diff
gcc-2.95.2-rtems-20000531.diff
newlib-1.8.2-rtems-20000606.diff

We now want to try and use the later versions of binutils(2.10.1),
newlib(1.9.0), gcc(gcc-2.95.2-5 and v3), and rtems(ss-20010109).

We noticed that running the above patch files over the latest binutils
and gcc produces a large reject file for the "configure" files.

We have used the patch files on binutils 2.10.1, gcc2.95.2-5
and using the same newlib (1.8.2).  We can make all the binutils, cross gcc
and rtems library OK.  The "hello-world" does compile OK, but would it
be safe to use this?

My overall question is - what patch files are available (if any) in order to
use
the later packages, and what would be the best approach to trying them?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Tim Riches
Principal Design Engineer

Westbridge Design Ltd
Hurst Barns