How to say 'hello' on EVB7045F? (gensh2)

Fernando RUIZ CASAS (E-mail) fernando.ruiz at ctv.es
Mon Jan 8 14:15:19 UTC 2001

Hi Radek.

 I work with SH1 also and my environment is completly different at this.

I don't use gdb, no gdbstubs, but I run rtems in SH1 without problems.

First. I build a ram loader stub application very powerful but simple.

2 sci's, (EVB has 2 sci mounted) is only necesary.

To build this You need only make sh-rtems gcc tools. Not RTEMS. Only
newlib,binutil and gcc.

./bit sh makes it automaticaly.

After you compile the stub application and makes a rom (Flash in your case).

Run the linux com program and you have two console ports (two terminal). You
can
see pfc, irq, memory dump, bsc, etc... . And set your leds... manually.
Wonderful?

You build a hello rtems aplication.
Execute a 'load ram.bin' from com linux program .
runs the command execute in the evb console and enjoy it...

'Printf' is the best powerful debug. You can see the memory, the status cpu,
etc...

This isn't gdb but works.

My tools are:

1. COM program linux: and linux terminal console with network packets to
facility transfer memory beetween PC and EBV

2. LDR sh hitachi program rommed to make a console port in sci evb
terminals.

3. HELLO.EXE striped in ram.bin program (little program binary) to run the
example.

4. The last snapshots RTEMS and the necesary ctools (don't worry.
4.5.0beta3a works, the latest snapshot also).

Are you interested?

 We work with hitachi without RTEMS since five years without problem
actually but the begin was very
hard. Our leds didn't flash...

I  runs RTEMS now in a prototype and it runs well for the moment (the
mistakes ans bugs make slow the process)

I link four cpus with serial ports (PC, Sh1-HITACHI, and two 8032 INTEL)
without big problems.

I can send you the linux and loader sources (you need adapt them to sh2 io
map memory).

Regards.