Using termios/stdio to check for characters

Correo Fernando-ruiz (E-mail) correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Wed Jul 11 16:51:19 UTC 2001

Setting NONBLOCK read the filedes and read() returning 0 bytes readed.
But this a poor solution.
You need set the ioserial driver with an event for reception
and rtems_waitevent(RTMS_EVENT_X,ticstimeout);

Do you want more information about a rtems_serial_driver for a 14550 UART?

I can help you if you want.