SEVERE Bug in mc68360 _ISR_Handler???

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Tue Jul 17 14:29:25 UTC 2001

Hi Bob,

> Greetings from the UK.
> I remember there was an interrupt problem with the '360 that we came across
> when we were trying to test the TCP stack about 9 months ago. All I can
> remember is that to fix it, the "tick" timer had to be on the same (or
> lower?) interrupt priority than the network to prevent the very occasional
> scc lockup. At the time Joel and Eric couldn't see what was going wrong -
> and as far as I know it was never tracked down - it was well beyond my
> capability!. I believe there is a comment in a "readme" file enclosed with
> the current 68360 distribution explaining the workaround.
> Am I off track here or could this be the same problem resurfacing?

No you are right, putting the PIT to a lower level also works ok. I
am really glad to here that I am not the only one who saw that
problem.

I think it is very '360 specific, because all CPM interrupts get
masked as soon as the CPU has fetched the interrupt vector (oposed to
many other interrupt sources that remove the interrupt request only
when the actual peripheral register are accessed).

Bye,
	Thomas.

> Bob Wisdom

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany