SEVERE Bug in mc68360 _ISR_Handler???

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Jul 17 12:43:14 UTC 2001

Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> So here we are. I hope I could make my ideas clear in this mail. Any
> hints welcome....

Interesting analysis. I am still looking over it.

FYI I tested this code by looping the RTS/CTS signal on a 68360 serial
port. The interrupt was on level 4. The CTS interrupt toggled the RTS
output. Checking the code, it looks like the PIT was at level 1. Hmmm I
wonder if the timer ever got a look in. I suspect it did not.

Also, Motorola fixed the '060 and Coldfire's by allowing the first
instruction after the interrupt to execute before allowing the core to
service another interrupt.

--
 Chris Johns, cjohns @ cybertec.com.au