BSP choices

lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu
Sat Jul 28 23:31:20 UTC 2001

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Thomas Bocek wrote:

> On Friday 27 July 2001 17:25, you wrote:
> > Hello rtems-users,
> >   I have been working with the GNAT/RTEMS 4.5.0 release packages...

> > When I try to compile either of the first 2 with --enable-posix and
> > defaults for the rest, it aborts with a nice error during the `make all`
> > step: ../../../../../i386ex/lib/linkcmds:115 parse error.

> I had the same problem, but I dont know how to fix it.

After a quick analysis, I saw linkcmds:115 to contain
   _rodata_start 5 . ;
I changed it to:
   _rodata_start = .;
and this BSP compiled as far as the other ones. I considered the
possibility of
   _rodata_start % .;
but haven't tested it, and haven't decided whether it would be parsable
(instructing a linker is hardly my forte.)

Now my problem is that all the BSPs fail out with the following error:
/opt/gnatrtems/i386-rtems/bin/ld: cannot open crti.o: No such file or
directory

Best I can figure is that something failed when I built the cross
compiler. Any ideas?

DanL