[Question] About boot loader...

Fernando RUIZ CASAS (E-mail) fernando.ruiz at ctv.es
Fri Jun 1 08:38:52 UTC 2001

I work with a loader with serial lines with only 48 Kb and 64Kb of ram,
The procolol used permits explore with a shell the memory, interrupts and
execute ram loaded program manually. (all in the same user pc program)
I work with SH1 Hitachi but the sources
are 'C' pure. Only the start.o is asm hitachi specific(100 lines of code)

I can think that a similar loader will be easily ported to others platforms.

Of course in the LINUX and WIndows PC program I have a program to monitorize
and load
the ram developed programs. Once the ram version is OK a new recompilation
using ONLY
linkcmds.rom instead linkcmds.rom and ready.

A Ram version but loaded from rom (Rom to Ram shadow) because the rom is 8
Bits width
is also used.

Are you interested?