Can I use Ada with PC386?

Fri Jun 8 12:55:42 UTC 2001

Sergio Jesus wrote:

> I'm interested in use ADA with the PC386 BSP.
>
> I think that this BSP uses ELF and that GCC 2.8.1 requires COFF format.
> So its impossible to use ADA with PC386, is it true?
>
> Can I do something about that?
>
> I read about some updates, to use a newer GCC. What is going on?

You MAY be able to hack a bit and link correctly with the current
bit.

But your last sentence hints at the better long-term solution.
Rather than hack on something old, it would be better to
invest your effort into the Ada source that will work
with the current gcc source.  It was supposed to be merged
on June 1 but I do not see it in the repository.

Laurent Guerby <guerby at acm.org> is a good contact on this.
have asked him to ping me when the merged source is
decent for a native Linux build.  Perhaps he would just ping the
whole list and we can start focusing on cross issues at that
point.  It would be nice if the RTEMS community acted together
(at least those with an Ada inclination) and we spearheaded
the GNAT cross testing.