Testing PPP in RTEMS

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Mon Jun 11 14:02:19 UTC 2001

Hi,
The attached code is a sample of how to setup the RTEMS PPP
software.  I am using this code on the standard i386/pc586 BSP.
I had to make the following changes to the RTEMS code:

  1) Modified libnetworking/pppd/pppmain.c to not overwrite
     the devname variable with "/dev/modem"
  2) Modified libnetworking/modem/ppp_tty.c to change the
     hard coded 9600 baud rate.

This code is not doing any PPP user authentication.  I have
noticed the same pinging problem that was reported by
another user.  Basically, the ppp connection gets established
but after awhile, the target board will not respond to the
ping requests.

Good Luck
Mike Siers