IDE

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Mon Jun 11 22:05:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 10:51:26AM +0200, peter.o.mueller at gmx.de wrote:
> I can recommend SourceNavigator. One of its goodies is that it can
> parse whole source trees and creates a cross reference from the parsed
> sources without compiling. Very good for reverse engineering of rtems
> ;-)

ctags does a decent job for finding out where functions and macros live.
it is usually distributed with the vim editor, but can also be found at
http://ctags.sourceforge.net/.  a more in-depth tool is Cscope,
http://cscope.sourceforge.net/ , which has nice features like being able
to find functions calling a function.

both are free open-source projects.  (ctags is GPL licensed, and Cscope
uses a modified BSD license similar to XFree86...)

--
  Aaron J. Grier   |    Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron at frye.com
    "The only thing we have a problem with is when the government funds