how can i move such function code which i did not use in my application progamme ?

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Thu Jun 14 01:22:58 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:43:15AM +0800, red-eye at 263.net wrote:
> i look at my rtems-helloworld.num file

[snip]

> in the hello-world programe ,you know,i did not use many function in
> the rtems-helloworld.num.why it compile in my code size? such as
>
> 0200ce60 T __CORE_semaphore_Initialize
> 0200cea0 T __CORE_semaphore_Seize
> 0200cf1c T __CORE_semaphore_Surrender
> 0200cf6c T __CORE_semaphore_Flush
>
> obviously,in the hello-world programe ,i did not use semaphore can you
> tell me why ?  and how can i move such function code which i did not
> use in my application progamme ? use confdefs? but how ?

somewhere in the code these symbols are being referenced, and so at
final link code for them is being pulled in.

my guess is that you are compiling in managers you are not using.  If
you are using hand-built Makefile with RTEMS-provided makefile includes,
I think if you define MANAGERS= (nothing) then you will not get extra
code, or only tiny stubs.

--
  Aaron J. Grier   |    Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron at frye.com
                       Of course unix clones exist...