can i tailor the super core of RTEMS?

Mon Jun 11 14:13:14 UTC 2001

Chris Johns wrote:

> red-eye at 263.net wrote:
> >
> > i am reading the source code of RTEMS score(super code)!
> > can i tailor the super core of RTEMS?
>
> I am not sure what you mean by "tailor". The parts work together and are
> configured by a range of configuration tables. Using these tables allows
> you a fine level of control.

At the API level.  There have been discussions about doing another
level of compile-time configuration similar to the Linux kernel
configuration process.  For example, you might configure the maximum
number of priority levels to be supported. In this case, this
would save some RAM usage per reduced priority level.

Similarly, you might configure and build without support for
priority inheritance, ceiling, POSIX signals, the Ada self
support, or notepads. :)

Another thing I have experimented with is using the information
in confdefs.h to generate a custom version of the POSIX, Classic API,
and ITRON initialization routines.  If you don't configure
message queues, then there is no point in initializing that
manager and pulling in any code that "Message queue manager init"