68k range question was Re: testing of pre-release test versions of gccand binutils

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Wed Jun 13 18:28:33 UTC 2001

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Gerke Kok wrote:
> >
> > I noticed no support for the 68k range in the GCC. Will OAR-corp do anything
> > to get this running? Are there any other plans? Anyone?
>
> What do you mean?  There is currently a build failure but it is reported
> and being worked on AFAIK.  The first problem I reported was already
> fixed.

I think that the original poster was referring to the fact that the
GCC-3.0 main web page refers to `Primary Evaluation Platforms' and
`Secondary Evaluation Platforms', none of which are 68k-based.  AFAIK
this just means that the GCC developers are depending on others to test
the operation of the compiler for other target architectures.

Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.