Cygwin host failure during configure...

Correo Fernando-ruiz (E-mail) correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Wed Jun 27 20:03:38 UTC 2001

Only a bref explanation about symlink in cygwin.

YES.

the cygwin symlink file is a small size file with attributtes hidden, system
and readonly contains some like this

!<symlink>rtems-ss-20010326

For a hard link the solution is very easy.
ln==cp (In Cygwin of course...)
ln makes a copy of source in the target.
Only with a symbolic link the small file is created.

> > Please write clear how to I must create a link between
> gcc.exe to cc.exe
>
> ln -s <path-to-gcc>/gcc.exe <somepath-in-$PATH>/cc.exe
>
> e.g.
>
> ln -s /bin/gcc.exe /bin/cc.exe
>
> [I don't know whether the .exe suffix is necessary under Cygwin.]

If you want execute the programs outside bash env. of course.

I can compile the programs (vi, rm, ln, etc) in the msdos command line.