Task Driven Serial Driver for i386

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Wed Jun 27 20:16:42 UTC 2001

Hi All,
Attached to this e-mail is a patch file that will add the
ability to use task driven serial I/O in the i386 BSP.  The
patch file can be applied to the 20010525 snapshot with the
following commands:

  cd c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/shared/comm
  cat comm.diff | patch -p1

This patch leaves the default I/O mode to be IRQ.  If you
want to use task I/O mode, then the tty_drv.c file needs
to be modified.  Basically, all you need to change is the
data values of the termios callbacks structure.  This callback
structure is used in the tty1_open and tty2_open functions.
The values you need to set are commented out in the source
code.

Please try it out.  I would like to get this patch merged
into the RTEMS source tree.

Good Luck
Mike Siers