bsd network and C++

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Sat Jun 30 13:48:09 UTC 2001

From: "Peter Müller" <peter.o.mueller at gmx.de>
To: "rtems" <rtems-users at oarcorp.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 7:46 AM
Subject: bsd network and C++

> Hi all,
>
> I have problems to use the bsd network from within C++ code. Having a
> plain C application using the network is not a problem. But even
> initializing the stack is not successful in C++. I wonder about that all
> the network headers are not surrounded by extern "C" ... It was
> necessary to do this in my c++ file to satisfy the linker.
>
> Any ideas?
> Peter
>
> P.S: I use a m68k target and a linux host.

It could be a BSP specific bug.

Some packages such as OmniOrb and ACE/TAO are very
complex applications, both use network and are written in C++.

I have tested OmniORB on pc386 and it works ok.

Maybe if you post a simple test demo( source ) that fails on you BSP,
people might be able check on others BSP if it works.

Rosimildo.