cygwin

Andrew Maximov amaximus at mail.ru
Tue Mar 27 17:02:16 UTC 2001

There is a more simple way. The problem is in the autoconf`s test. This test
is needed to detect: gcc is a cross-compiler or not ?
configure compile and try to run simply program. If execution of program
failed, then gcc is cross compiler.
But under WindowsNT or Windows2k if execution image has an unknown format
and if its size < 64K then this image is assumed as
16bit (.com) program and Windows tries to execute it. This is a reason of
lockup.The problem can be solved by 2 ways.
1. You can correct configure script.
2. Or you can prohibit execution of 16bits programs.
	( kill or rename ntvdm.exe in %SystemRoot%\system32 ) or
	hack registry: delete key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WOW\cmdline"